I’ve been getting hardly any sleep lately, and what little I get has been restless. That’s the biggest reason I haven’t been posting- it’s not that I have nothing to say, just that I have no brain power to say it with. I’m generally pretty on in the morning, but that’s when I do the bulk of my work at my job, and whatever’s left has been pumped into my Examiner articles. By the time lunch rolls around, I’m already totally exhausted and non-functional, and just eke my way by until 5pm when I can go home and do mindless things.
I have, however, been knitting.
I haven’t been working on the gloves lately as they bore me to tears but are also somehow sort of complicated, so I’ve been doing the second endpaper mitt. When my mom had her gallbladder out two weeks back, she tried on the finished one and it fit perfectly, so I decided to give them to her. Something kind of odd is happening, though, with this second one. On the first, the colors were distribuuted very evenly, but on the second… well, see for yourself.
See? Most of the colors are evenly distributed, but one side got all the blue and the other all the yellow. I have no idea why it’s happening, but it looks ok anyway so I’m just leaving it. Hopefully the finished mitts don’t look too different.
- My sister, her husband, my husband, and I went to a free Storyhill concert at the State Fair. It was amazing. I only wish I could’ve gone to Storyhill Fest last weekend.
- I have officially leveled higher with my new WoW character than I ever did with any character on my old account. I hit level 40 in only 9 days of play- a milestone that took me nearly two years last try.
- Job still sucks, still getting forced by my old team lead (who seems to think I have no work of my own) to do other people’s work, using spreadsheets that give me migraines. Yes, I have one right now. No, I can’t do anything to make her stop with the spreadsheets already. ::sob::
- Remember that fleece I bought? Yeah, I ended up selling most of it. A very nice lady explained to me that the lock length was too long for carding and the wool would have to be combed, so she offered to clean and comb the whole fleece and send me back a part of it, in exchange for the rest of it. Since otherwise I probably wouldn’t have been able to spin any of it, I consider that a darn good deal.
- My mom’s gallbladder surgery went very well and it turns out her gallbladder was far more damaged than they expected, so it’s very very good that they took it out. It’s also making me wonder if I have gallbladder problems since the things I can’t eat are all high-fat (fatty meats, fried foods, etc).
- I still haven’t taken in my camera to be quote-unquote repaired. It still works as long as I don’t try to use the macro or take distance shots, so I’ll wait it out until it’s convenient.