Return of Random Thursdays on today’s blog. One of those “things happened but none of it was related” sort of days, so here we go.
1. I have spent the rest of my birthday money, and it was good. I went out with Kelly first to Bella Lana for yarn, then to Bead Monkey for beads, and finally to dinner at a very good Indian restaurant (yes, I love Indian food, kind of you to notice). Here are my spoils.
Possibly my favorite yarn purchase ever- 2 skeins of Tilli Tomas Voile de la Mer (Veil of the Sea), in Ruby Wine. It’s 70% silk, 30% sea cell (a kelp derivative) and it is luscious. The beads are size 8 glass czech seed beads, and I think they’re nicely matched to the yarn while also slightly contrasting to add interest. The Bead Monkey, by the way, has a fabulous selection. This is all, of course, for Aeolian.
2. I got… maybe another 2 rows? done on the bathrobe. It will continue to crawl, I’m sure, though Aeolian may bring it to a dead halt for a good while. Again- I have plenty of time. No hurry.
3. Over the past couple of days I have been participating in the VLT- Very Longest Thread- on Ravelry and it is a subculture all its own. Kind of fascinating. It’s like a chat room, but delayed, kind of, since people can respond to old posts. It’s quite fun, and nice to know that there are others besides me who are so totally bored all day that they can post constantly.
4. My brother and sister are coming over for dinner tomorrow, yay! I’m not sure what we’ll do yet, but I’m sure it will be good times.
5. My KnitPicks order shipped today. I don’t think I ever mentioned what I got, since the Patternworks order will be shown when it arrives, but the KP order doesn’t really warrant a photo. I ordered the full nickel-plated interchangeable options circular needle set (YAAAY) and a size 2 40″ nickel plated circular. Sadly I may have to wait for the set to arrive before I can cast on for Aeolian, but I think I have a size 5 circ hanging around from Cory’s cardigan. Not the best quality, but I don’t think I can wait that long!